How to do a feature request

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Dec 24 14:46:30 CET 2009

On Thursday 24 December 2009, Mag. Leonhard Landrock wrote:
> Am Dienstag 22 Dezember 2009 14:48:21 schrieb Cyrille Berger:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sunday 20 December 2009, Mag. Leonhard Landrock wrote:
> > > I already opened a bug report (wish) for it:  Bug 219454
> > >
> > > I hope my wish is clear.
> >
> > If I understand correctly your idea, it could be implemented with a
> > shell/python/ruby/... script calling koconverter.
>
> Well, I didn't recognize koconverter until now. Is there any documentation
>  for koconverter (beside the source code ;-) )?

Nope -- not development documentation, nor user documentation. It's simple
though:

koconverter bla.png bla.jpg will convert the png to the jpg.

> I thought of add the funcionality to the program itself. Just some more
> parameters. One for example for defining an output path, another one for
>  the target file format and finaly the possibility to use wildcards for the
>  input files.

I'd do that by writing bash/python/perl/ruby script that calls koconverter in
a loop. We used to have a dcop interface that made it easy to steer all of
krita and there were some scripts around that made it easy to use krita for
batch processing.

What we really need is a redesign of our file filter format architecture to
make it possible to feed settings to a filter and hide the gui. But that will
be 2.3 at the earliest, because we are trying to focus on a small set of
achievable goals this time, instead of scattering ourselves all over the place
:-).

But you might want to talk with Cyrille on IRC, so he can tell you his ideas
for the file filter refactoring, and I wouldn't mind if you were to start
working on implementing it...