Latest version of kdelibs and koffice for testing of Krita

Mag. Leonhard Landrock 1977-Hamlet at gmx.at
Sat Dec 12 00:00:14 CET 2009

Hi all!

I'm curious about the latest koffice and wanted to give the development version
a try. Therefor I started with a fresh installation of KDE 4.

BTW: I am using Debian squeeze (still "testing") and made an user "kdebuild"
for my tests.

I did "git clone git://gitorious.org/+kde-developers/qt/kde-qt.git qt-kde" to
get the latest Qt. I installed Qt to "/home/kdebuild/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-
KDE".

Next I used (part of) the instructions on
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4 to get kdesupport
installed. After installation of missing libaries (e.g. Boost) this worked
fine.

Now I tried to compile kdelibs but I get the following error:

kdebuild at veneto:~/kde/src/trunk/KDE/kdelibs$ cmakekde
-- Found Qt-Version 4.6.0 (using /home/kdebuild/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-
KDE/bin/qmake)
-- Found X11: /usr/lib/libX11.so
-- Building kdelibs...
-- Phonon Version: 4.3.80
-- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor:
/home/kdebuild/kde/build/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/bin/./kconfig_compiler.shell
-- Found automoc4: /home/kdebuild/kde/bin/automoc4
-- Strigi API needs 'signed char'
CMake Error at
/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:70 (MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find Soprano (missing: SOPRANO_PLUGIN_RAPTORPARSER_FOUND
  SOPRANO_PLUGIN_REDLANDBACKEND_FOUND)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/modules/FindSoprano.cmake:204 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  CMakeLists.txt:93 (find_package)

make: *** Keine Targets angegeben und keine »make«-Steuerdatei gefunden.
Schluss.

So cmake complains about a missing Soprano. But I have "libsoprano-dev"
installed. Sadly I can't remember wether Qt also needed to know about soprano.
:-(

I believe the koffice developers work with the latest KDE 4. So I hope you can
give me a hint what might be wrong.

Thanks in advance,
Leonhard.

PS: In the end it's krita I am intrested in at most.