Selections on the Adjustment layers

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 11:46:38 CEST 2009

Hi, All!

We have a bit strange suff with adj. layers. Why do we have this
STRANGE selections on them? Why are they needed? What is the usecase
when we have usual, easy to use, Transparency Masks feature? It would
be more logical to use masks instead!

The only advantage of the Selection i see is that we could eliminate
an update of the projection that is outside of selection. BUT, if i
implement need/changeRect stuff of the composition subsystem well, it
will be possible to do so with masks too.

That's why i propose to remove these selections at all.

PS:
btw, nevertheless, they don't work in trunk =)

--
Dmitry Kazakov