The future of the dynamic brush

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 6 17:14:13 CEST 2009

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> And I forgot to speak of the scattering options... Not sure where they belong.
> If we should send them to a blackhole and leave it to specialize paintop (like
> spray)

I vote against that :-). I've used this stuff in PS to squeeze effects
out of tools that weren't necessarily intended. I think this is one of
those things that people will find unexpected and invaluable uses for,
and so I don't think it should be killed.

> or if they need to be build in paintops (like in photoshop), or if we
> want to have a tool that would scatter, or a special paintop that would embedd
> other paintop and do the scattering on them.

The last seems most flexible, but probably most difficult to design good UI.

--
Matthew
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no