Wanted: channel remapping with implicit colorspace conversion

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 19 01:36:28 CEST 2008

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Thursday 18 September 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Cyrille Berger wrote:
>>> Better update the page.
>> Done. I hope you won't mind that did a bit of grammar cleanup :-). (I
>> actually kept a fair chunk of the page; your introduction was pretty
>> good, and I left the 'bayer colorspace' possibility, but feel free to
>> remove that if you like.) Thanks! Also, please let me know if I forgot
>> anything ;-).
> I like to keep every ideas in the wiki, even if in the end things are done
> differently, maybe in the future, someone will find a really good reason to
> have a 'bayer color space', or he willl think the gain in speed is worth the
> time.

Good point, and no objections here. (Probably I at least subconsciously
agree since I left it in ;-).)

>> Should I add my suggested HDR workflow as well, or put that somewhere
>> else (or just omit it for now)?
>
> You can add it to:
> http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Krita/High_dynamic_range

That's what I was thinking as well. I updated the page; please let me
know if you would like any additions/changes/whatever. It's a bit more
narrative than normal for the wiki, but doing it that way combines
needed tools with justification/expected use, which hopefully is more
useful than just "I want X".

Thanks again!

--
Matthew
ENOCOFFEE: operator suffering from lack of sleep and/or early-morning-itis