Popslide idea

Valerie valerie_vk at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 13:54:50 CET 2008

>> One comment: imho this should be a vertical pop-slider.
>
> Looking at it physiologically you might be able to explain a
> lot, but in practice it's mch simpler to move the hand sideways.
> The y direction of the slider is locked so moving the hand in
> an arc is not a problem.

I also prefer horizontal. As said, the y direction of the slider
is Locked, so it's not perfect horizontal movement vs perfect
vertical movement, but horizontal-ish Arc vs vertical arc.

It's a lot easier to do horizontal arcs than do vertical arcs
because you can rotate around your wrist or elbow (your choice!)
while maintaining the same distance from the table (ie the
height of the mouse), whereas with vertical you have to lift
your whole wrist when bringing the mouse closer. And I also don't
use fingers for movement, as I also rest my hand on the mouse.