Yet another brush interface proposal

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 24 23:54:48 CET 2008

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Monday 24 March 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>
>> I have a certain clever idea I'd like to
>> see in Krita eventually that would need this (has to do with painting
>> hair)... At any rate, natural brushes pretty well need the last, and
>> most fade effects need the first, so only the stroke angle is "weird".
>
> Like in Project Dogwaffle's Optipustics?

Wow... that looks incredibly cool... but no, that's something I'd put in
the stroke-generating layer in my hypothetical hierarchy, not the color
layer. So if Krita had that, you could drag a natural brush with ink
along all of those sub-paths. (Even better would be combining that with
a path tool, for later-editable stuff, although that's starting to
really blur the line between raster and vector graphics...)

My hierarchy is:

raw input -> stroke tool -> paint tool -> color filter -> paint operator

(I realized something... "hairy", which is the paint tool may need to
generate multiple masks; basically for the above to work, really each
bristle should produce its own mask.)

--
Matthew
Save soybeans! Avoid TOFU! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style)