koffice/krita/image

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Jul 19 08:44:05 CEST 2008

On Saturday 19 July 2008, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> euh no, but that means calling setDirty each time we do remove a node,
> while usually we do it when the action is done.
>
> Wouldn't it better if we had "a hold back your horses" option in the
> projection that could be called by the GUI when it wants to do multiple
> operations ? Then setDirty calls are kept close to where the operation
> happen, which usually know better what has been dirtied.

We had that with the bottom-up recomposition strategy, but that was quite hard
to implement with the current top-down recomposition strategy. I've also got
some (uncommitted) code that adds recomposition thread queuing, but I'm coming
to the conclusion that to make that work, I need to move setDirty from
KisNode to KisImage, and that may break stuff again. (But it's still part of
the 2.0 todo -- reenable threading for recomposition).