koffice/krita/image

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Sat Jul 19 08:13:37 CEST 2008

On Friday 18 July 2008, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> I'm not totally happy about putting a setDirty() here -- one of my goals
> was to remove the amount of calls to setDirty in krita/image so gui code
> could execute any number of actions on the image and then call setDirty on
> the aggregate affected area. I guess I would prefer to call setDirty where
> layers are (re)moved from the gui. But perhaps that's problematical in this
> case?
euh no, but that means calling setDirty each time we do remove a node, while
usually we do it when the action is done.

Wouldn't it better if we had "a hold back your horses" option in the
projection that could be called by the GUI when it wants to do multiple
operations ? Then setDirty calls are kept close to where the operation
happen, which usually know better what has been dirtied.

--
Cyrille Berger