Krita OpenGL Classes

Thomas Burdick thomas.burdick at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 23:20:14 CEST 2008

I'd like to update and modify the opengl classes in krita to be a
little more flexible and up to date and am wondering if there's any
reason for me *not* to go ahead and do this?

* I'd like to update them to use OpenGL 2.0+ calls instead of the ARB
extension calls they use now.
* I'd like to make the shader and program classes a little more
flexible so that they can source from not just files but QString's as
well a little saner than it is at the moment. Small api changes
required here.

I'd also like to add in some more classes such as a texture cache
class, that will build a set of textures up from the current
paintdevice and a few parameters.

If its cool please say so :-)

BTW I'm back, and I've finally sorted out my time issues :-) No longer
need to build KDE anymore and I'm using kde 4.1 rc's daily now since
its a joy to use kde4 now that most of the really obnoxious missing
features are going in again :-) Go Plasma go!

-Tom