Krita Workspace Proposal + Mock-ups

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Wed Jan 30 11:14:08 CET 2008

On Tuesday 29 January 2008, John Culleton wrote:
> Well, simpler for me as a user. Remember I can download many other graphic
> programs and compile them with little or no effort. If a library comes up
> missing then I have to find that library, put it in /usr/lib, run ldconfig
> and try again. I am thinking of Gimp, Scribus  and so on.  But Krita has
> unique features. It is does some Gimp-like tasks, but will also work in the
> CMYK color model, which Gimp won't.  I would like to try Krita 2.0
> sometime. But I am not going to make a career of it :<)
>
> I guess I'll have to wait for KDE 4.1 to be released. Thanks for your help.

Yes what makes Krita difficult to build currently is not beeing part of
KOffice, it's the transition between KDE3.x to KDE4.x . Once KDE4 is main
stream on your distribution, it will just be a matter of downloading koffice,
and the "extra" step of deselecting application you don't want to build.

--
Cyrille Berger