Krita Workspace Proposal + Mock-ups

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Sun Jan 27 22:37:09 CET 2008

On Sunday 27 January 2008, John Culleton wrote:
> I have may regular Slack 12 partition which has KDE 3.5.8 and a bleeding
> edge Kubuntu  partition that has the (non-functional) KDE 4.0. I prefer
> functional to non-functional and I prefer Slack to any form of Debian.
>
> Is there a way to download just the Krita 2.0 source code separately,
> compile it, and bring over the updated libraries from the Kubuntu partition
> as needed?

svn co https://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/koffice koffice-src
mkdir koffice-build
cd koffice-build
cmake ../koffice-src -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/some/where
ccmake . (and there you can disable all application you don't want to build
set to off all BUILD_something except BUILD_krita)
make; make install

> Life would be simpler and Krita more attractive if it were separated from
> Koffice, but I guess that decision is already cast in concrete, or at least
> macadam.
Simpler for who ?
Please read
http://cyrilleberger.blogspot.com/2006/12/why-krita-require-lcms-qt-kofficelib.html .

As for build complexity, I have started a project of "weekly" package for
KOffice, but it's currently limited to OpenSuSE (it will be extended at a
later stage to other distributions) and I didn't have time to spend time on
it recently :/

--
Cyrille Berger