Libkdeprint

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Sun Jan 13 14:07:36 CET 2008

On Sunday 13 January 2008, Valerie wrote:
> I Think I've figured out why none of the KOffice 2.0 programs seem  to
> work for
> me on Kubuntu 7.10 with KDE 4.0.
>
> When attempting to start Krita, the console says that libkdeprint.so.5 is
> missing.
> Running apt-get install returns the message that the file does not exist.
> Looking
> around, I've stumbled upon this:

hum I think you might not have the correct version of koffice2 installed.

Look at the version shown by 'dpkg -s koffice2' it should be something like
1.9.96.0~svn757194

If it's the case, then it's likely to be indeed  a bug specific to the kubuntu
package that weren't build against the lastest kdelibs.

--
Cyrille Berger