Libkdeprint

Valerie valerie_vk at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 13:34:47 CET 2008

I Think I've figured out why none of the KOffice 2.0 programs seem  to
work for
me on Kubuntu 7.10 with KDE 4.0.

When attempting to start Krita, the console says that libkdeprint.so.5 is
missing.
Running apt-get install returns the message that the file does not exist.
Looking
around, I've stumbled upon this:

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDEPrint/KDE4#Fixing_KDEPrint_in_Playground_for_release_after_4.0

So basically applications are being ported to Qt, so kdeprint shouldn't be
needed
anymore, and I was caught up in the migration process. Well, this Is the
developer
version, so things like these should be expected right? Should I file a
bug report
anyway? If so, where? It may be a Kubuntu-specific problem.