Krita-Plugins 1.6.4

Martin Renold martinxyz at gmx.ch
Mon Jan 7 23:31:27 CET 2008

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 09:33:53PM +0100, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Monday 07 January 2008, Moritz Moeller wrote:
> > Also important: dithering to <=8 bits but choosing colors only from the
> > 15/16/18 bits "palettes". This way, there's no ugly colour shift when
> > the device with the limited palette displays 8 bit images (which usally
> > use 256 distinct 24bit colors, not 256 disting 15/16/18 bit colors).
> I don't follow you :/ What do you mean by 15/16/18bits palette ? "Downscale"
> the colors of the palette to 15/16/18 bits when searching for the closest
> color ?

I think he talks about devices that eg. have a 6+6+6 bit display, but are
displaying a standard indexed image. The palette of this image should only
contain colors that actually look different on this device.

Additionally there is need to dither without involving indexed images, eg.
when going from 8 bits per color to 6 bits per color. (This is also done
with audio.)

bye,
Martin