Krita user community?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 22 21:05:49 CET 2008

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Friday 22 February 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Cyrille Berger wrote:

>>> Not at all :/ What do you mean by spot ? (when I see that I think of
>>> color spot in the printing industry, but I guess I am completely wrong).
>> It's just a label, meaning that '[clone of SPOT]' is a copy of the
>> render pipeline at '--> SPOT <--' (or more specifically, a clone of all
>> of '{ ... }').
>
> Ah I see. In 2.0, We have the possibility to clone paint layers (not sure
> aobut group layers which would help for your problem). Personnaly, I am not
> convinced that such things fits in a linear/tree layer stacks, I do think
> that a more "advanced" flowchart-like editor would be more adaptet to
> such "links" in the workflow (unfortunately I haven't been able to make much
> progress on that area :( ).

Well... yeah. The point isn't to clone a *layer*, it's for the layer
stack to become more of a DAG than a simple tree :-). I guess you could
do the same thing with a different way of managing layers, yes. But if
it's under consideration, I'm happy with that. I'm throwing out ideas I
think could be useful, not demanding a feature by next week :-).

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On the other hand, this kind of thing goes way
> beyond what artists want

Well, the reason I thought of it was to be able to apply different
effects to a spot in the pipe and then blend them. Actually, this graph
is something I might actually use (assuming there isn't some other way
to do it presently):

                      invert
                     /      \
stuff --- more stuff ------ <hue blend> --- result

(...i.e. what I described previously)

Of course, that particular example is really a single-channel invert on
a channel not otherwise in the document's color space (since I probably
want to work in RGB except for this particular effect).

I feel fairly confident that I've done copy-merged in PS documents
before for this reason, however (i.e. because I needed to do something
to a layer, while otherwise preserving the stack). This works of course
but must be re-done when/if changes are made to the underlying layer(s).

--
Matthew
People say I'm going insane. I say, "what do you mean, 'going'?".