Krita user community?

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Fri Feb 22 20:22:18 CET 2008

On Friday 22 February 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > On Thursday 21 February 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> >> That brings up another idea; an "adjustment layer" that clones a spot in
> >> the render pipeline. So, for example, you would have an image made up of
> >> however many layers, plus two gradient maps of different channels
> >> blended in some way, like this:
> >>
> >> { [grad.map 2] [clone of SPOT] } <blend op>
> >> { [grad.map 1] }
> >> --> SPOT <--
> >> { ... }
> >>
> >> (Does that make sense?)
> >
> > Not at all :/ What do you mean by spot ? (when I see that I think of
> > color spot in the printing industry, but I guess I am completely wrong).
>
> It's just a label, meaning that '[clone of SPOT]' is a copy of the
> render pipeline at '--> SPOT <--' (or more specifically, a clone of all

Ah I see. In 2.0, We have the possibility to clone paint layers (not sure
aobut group layers which would help for your problem). Personnaly, I am not
convinced that such things fits in a linear/tree layer stacks, I do think
that a more "advanced" flowchart-like editor would be more adaptet to
such "links" in the workflow (unfortunately I haven't been able to make much
progress on that area :( ).

--
Cyrille Berger