Krita user community?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 20 22:34:00 CET 2008

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 February 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>>> There is allready a "perlin noise" generator in krita-plugins :
>>> http://www.krita-plugins.org/Plug-ins/Perlin_and_Swarming_Noise.html
>>>
>>> No idea what's a cloud generator is.
>> D'oh, that *does* look like PS's "Clouds" filter :-). How configurable
>> is it currently? (Apparently my Krita doesn't have it, either :-(, must
>> be missing the plugin pack or something.)
>
> Here are the option:
> http://cyrille.diwi.org/tmp/krita/screenshot25.png

Ooh, yes, *much* better than PS's (you're only missing rotation ;-)
...and of course a phase channel). I'm glad to see octaves are there
from the get-go. Now, if we just had other generators like that...

I'm on the fence how important pre-color-mapping filters are; it can be
done (if less elegantly) by additional filter layers plus gradient
mapping (but this needs to be done in at least 16-bit mode to avoid
significant loss of precision). Um... there *is* a gradient map
adjustment layer in 2.0, right? ;-)

--
Matthew
No animal should ever jump on the dining room furniture unless