Help running Krita's SVN sources

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Feb 9 15:24:47 CET 2008

On Saturday 09 February 2008, Pajarico wrote:

> So I have my SVN checkout in koffice/ folder and run 'cmake -i',
> configure everything. First, I just activated krita and some other
> components, leaving out kplato, kword, etc. I don't know if this is a
> good idea or not because Krita might depend on them; a guide about
> what should compiled and what not could be very interesting...

For maximum fun with Krita, you can suffice with krita, filters/krita,
plugins, libs, pics, plugins, servicetypes. However, don't forget to run
kbuildsycoca4 after installing so kde knows you've added some new stuff on
your own.

> Please, help me getting this to run. I'm not happy with the gimp and
> the Krita qt3 version is a bit limited. I have been hearing praises
> about the development of Krita and I'm already running Inkscape,
> Scribus and fontmatrix from SVN sources (I find it to be not only
> recommendable, but indispensable). I'm not programmer but the effort
> put on running from SVN sources is worth it.

krita from svn currently isn't really usable: there are important parts still
very broken and other parts aren't finished at all yet. Many plugins are only
sketched out in the roughest way. But I think that if you run kbuildsycoca4,
krita should start. If not, it may be interesting to check whether you
installed krita into the same directory the rest of kde4 is installed. It
should be possible to run krita from a different location, but I never
managed to make that work.