Replacing KisFilter::overlapMarginNeeded

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Dec 9 21:00:36 CET 2008

On Tuesday 09 December 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > On Tuesday 09 December 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> >> Does changing a filter to a generator really count as a "feature"? ;-)
> >
> > yes. definitively, for two reason, 1) there is no generator menu for now,
> > so the filtgenerater would only be available as a generator layer 2)
> > that's a big change for the algorightm that can introduce user visible
> > bugs.
>
> Um... for testing, how would I re-enable that?

I never implemented generators as anything but effect layers. I also wanted to
have them as input for drawing tools and as a fill option in the fill tool,
but I'm not sure I ever implemented that. I don't think we need them in a menu
like the filters, though.

perlin used to be in Cyrille's krita/plugins project -- www.krita-plugins.org.

> Ah, I think it was noisefilter being talked about... I guess I can start
> poking at that one.
>
> (That reminds me, do we have channel-restricted filtering yet? I.e. to
> use blur on only the chroma channel? Justification at
> http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Krita/High_dynamic_range)

It's possible to switch individual channels of layers on and off, but right
now that's limited to channels that are in the colorspace of that layer. And
it doesn't seem to work, though as of today, it's saved and loaded :-)