Replacing KisFilter::overlapMarginNeeded

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 9 20:51:41 CET 2008

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 December 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Does changing a filter to a generator really count as a "feature"? ;-)
> yes. definitively, for two reason, 1) there is no generator menu for now, so
> the filtgenerater would only be available as a generator layer 2) that's a
> big change for the algorightm that can introduce user visible bugs.

Um... for testing, how would I re-enable that?

>> Anyway, I still don't know where the code is...
> Because there is no such things in krita... I have one in shiva, but I have
> yet to integrate shiva in krita....

Ah, I thought it was already available as a filter (misreading from your
*any* filters that could/should be generators? I think maybe "yes"
(except noisefilter). No lens flare or perlin yet?

Ah, I think it was noisefilter being talked about... I guess I can start
poking at that one.

(That reminds me, do we have channel-restricted filtering yet? I.e. to
use blur on only the chroma channel? Justification at
http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Krita/High_dynamic_range)

--
Matthew
You are in a meadow. A huge red dragon stands before you.
 > FIGHT DRAGON
With what? You don't have any weapons.
 > RUN AWAY
You wisely exercise the better part of valor.