Good article about usability of open-source apps

Warren Baird photogeekmtl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 19:14:12 CEST 2008

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> That will be a lot easier with 2.0: http://mac.kde.org/ includes KOffice and
> thus krita :-)

That will definitely make life easier...

> I remember having seen those before -- they're wonderful!

Thank you!   I'm quite interested to see if there are any noticable
differences if I create the images in 16bpp.   Assuming I can find a
print shop capable of handling 16bpp images...

> It's not ready yet -- we've still got some problems with filter masks,
> selections (mainly visualisation) and some other things, but progress is
> really good. I was going to have two weeks of concentrated Krita hacking, but
> we're already at Wednesday of the first week, and I've been able to do
> precisely nothing :-(

:-)  I understand that...  We just moved a month ago - between that and
having a 1 year old daughter, it doesn't leave too much time for mucking
  about...

I'll keep an eye on the list - I'm assuming there will be discussion
here once Krita 2 is ready for me to play with...

Warren

--
Warren Baird - Photographer and Digital Artist
http://synergisticimages.ca