Thoughts on greater Krita development community

Valerie valerie_vk at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 11:38:08 CEST 2008

> > Opencanvas is quite popular in Japan and also managed to gain a
> > following in the west. I have no doubt that its community system is
> > a big component of its visibility, though what I'm hoping for
> > Krita is not quite the same and not quite as extensive (not yet, at
> > least).
>
> yes, it would be great to have so large an eco-system. We're just at the
> beginning of what could be very nice. I see that we've got drupal up and
> running and in the kde colors at www.krita2d.org -- now we need to get
> some content in there to start with, and then we can start growing our
> community.

Nice!

Eventually though, it'd be nice to have a website re-design. I tend to
find the kde website design a bit eh... bland and sometimes lacking
in color-coordination (the bold orange headings). The general feel
could be the same, but more refined.

I find the content space rather narrow, which would look real awkward
when you try to make proper galleries to present content.

In any case, the community will probably not start growing until the
website has at least started and Krita 2.0 comes out.