Thoughts on Krita website presentation

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Sep 11 18:34:51 CEST 2007

On Friday 07 September 2007 03:32:20 am Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Friday 07 September 2007, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > > I'd just like to give a few opinions on Krita presentation: I think the
> > > current presentation is very confusing, and it'd be nice for Krita to
> > > have a website like Inkscape. Doing so would pay for itself, by:
> > > - attracting more users
> > > - attracting more developers
> > > - attracting more donations eventually through clearer exposure
> >
> > Thank you for your comments -- they are very helpful. I've been thinking
> > of getting a separate domain for Krita & hosting, but the problem here is
> > that the obvious ones (krita.org) are already gone. And I'd need to find
> > money for the hosting, too.

For hosting Doteasy is pretty cheap.

There is however a more fundamental problem. I use very little of Koffice. For
tha most part I have better alternatives. And upgrading the entire Koffice
suite just to upgrade Krita is a bit like using a sledgehammer to swat flies.
Thought should be given to producing a standalone version of Krita-- like
Gimp, Inkscape, Scribus etc.  Its wings have grown to the  point where it is
time to flee the nest, IMO.

Just a long range consideration.

--
John Culleton