Thoughts on Krita website presentation

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Fri Sep 7 09:32:20 CEST 2007

On Friday 07 September 2007, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > I'd just like to give a few opinions on Krita presentation: I think the
> > current presentation is very confusing, and it'd be nice for Krita to
> > have a website like Inkscape. Doing so would pay for itself, by:
> > - attracting more users
> > - attracting more developers
> > - attracting more donations eventually through clearer exposure
>
> Thank you for your comments -- they are very helpful. I've been thinking of
> getting a separate domain for Krita & hosting, but the problem here is that
> the obvious ones (krita.org) are already gone. And I'd need to find money
> for the hosting, too.

I am not convinced that a seperate website is a good idea. Nor needed. Lets
see how people looks for something they need, they first go to their favorite
search engine and enters a few keyword. If they know of krita, our page is
the first one to show in all major (english, for french version I got the
wikipedia page) search engine, and it's what really matters.
Now if you really want a shortcut URL to give in conference or in
presentation, it can point to koffice.org/krita.

But a better website is really needed once someone has reach the page, but not
only for Krita, but for KOffice and KDE as well, for that matter (I heard
that they are plan for a new KDE website for KDE4 release which might be an
improvement). And for KOffice and Krita, we could start by recruiting a
webmaster, who have time to take care of rewritting the presentation of each
application.

--
Cyrille Berger