Texture Tile Iterator

Tom Burdick tburdi1 at uic.edu
Mon Sep 10 01:18:18 CEST 2007

When talking about using GLSL for filters its clear that there is a need to
tile the image, with some padded region (convolution and such).

Is there something in krita already that I can pass in a paintdevice and get
back a texture iterator and reconstructor?

So I want to:
- iterate through a series of textures built from tiling the paintdevice.
- create a new paint device and construct a new image based on the filtered
textures I've rendered.

Does this sound reasonable? Is there something in krita I can use already to
do this or something to help doing it?

I need the actual data as well, not a QImage of the paintdevice.

There will be two versions in the future, one that attempts to mod 4 the
number of channels and place each set of 4 channels in to individual
textures. So for color spaces with more than 4 channels its splits between
textures. You would still have access to all of the channels in the shader at
the same time.

How does all of this sound?

-Tom