Brush spacing / rotate / scale

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Nov 14 13:11:55 CET 2007

On Wednesday 14 November 2007, Valerie VK wrote:

> When you say "always be live," do you mean that the path and
> associated stroke would always be editable? Like a true vector
> object?

Yes -- KoPathShape objects are always editable -- they are true vector
objects, and it has always been the idea to make them strokable using Krita
brushes.

> Basically, we'd be talking about different usages of the path tool
> then. It's the difference between moving a piece of string on paper
> (you can keep moving it, but there's only one line), and using a
> curved ruler to help you draw lines on the paper (you can move the
> ruler as much as you want, and draw as many lines as you want, but
> short of undoing everything you can't modify previously drawn lines).
> It's true that many Gimp users seem to use the path tool primarily for
> the second purpose, along with its benefits and drawbacks.

So -- do I understand correctly that having both things would be a Good Thing
to have? It should be relatively simple to allow for the
shape-is-a-ruler-stroke-edit-stroke usecase using the existing vector
framework.