Brush spacing / rotate / scale

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Nov 12 14:18:37 CET 2007

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007, david powell wrote:

> but when you have a brush that changes size based on presure etc
> then you end up recalculating for every point of the stroke anyway

Yeah, we've got this working since version 1.4 :-). The Procreate Painter
I've got on my old mac still has to pause now and then with a progress dialog
that says "prescaling brushes!".

> that the addition of a wizard to setup / generate  brushes may be a good
> idea , for uses that don't understand all the parameters and what they do
> and includes some text to that explain them as it goes though the process

In the near future we really should start mocking up something like this. We're
already doing exploratory programming in the area of programmable brushes, brushes
that are not potato stamps (like the Gimp brushes) and so on. We'll be needing
a good UI for that, so it's a Good Thing to already start thinking about that. It's
area I'm myself rather interested in and I would like to start working on it, but
I first need to finish the layers/masks thing.

And I love to have users helping us with detailed suggestions like yours and Valerie's --
and I especially love mockups!

Boudewijn