trouble with the scale bug

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 25 21:08:57 CEST 2007

Casper Boemann wrote:
> On Friday 25 May 2007 17:21, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> I am probably missing something because I'm not familiar with Krita's
>> resize algorithm, but I was thinking this should be 'fixable' by simply
>> defining the coordinate mapping in such a way that the edge 'new pixels'
>> never overlap past the outside of the edge 'old pixels'. So an edge
>> pixel does not "overlap" pixels that "didn't exist"...
> Well the sampling area is larger than the area the pixel occupy. How much
> larger depends on the sampling filter you choose. That is why scaling with
> certain filters give a more blurred image than with other filters.

Hmm, ok wasn't thinking about algorithms that sample more than 0.5 px
radius. :-) It is not possible to modify such algorithms to have
different edge behavior though? I guess that would have to be an option
in case you have an irregular layer that you don't /want/ to treat as
having "edges".

Anyway thanks for the info. :-)

--
Matthew