trouble with the scale bug

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Thu May 24 23:27:51 CEST 2007

Hi Cyrille

I have looked into the scale bug and the approach I had thought to implement
simply will not work - it's conceptually wrong.

So for now the only thing we can do is to do it like you already did once.
However and I want to stress this. Photoshop doesn't do it like this!

Photoshop does prevent transparent border pixels, but only on the background
layer. And we don't have the background layer concept in krita.

If you create a normal layer and fills it to the extend of the imaget,  and
then scale the image the borders _will_ become transparent

And as these transparent borders are mathmatically correct (eventhough for a
plain rect picture not attractive) I feel that we should come up with
something similar to what photosop does. I mean some kind of option that is
only applied in special cases.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann