Krita status and release goals

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Mon Mar 19 10:09:15 CET 2007

> > > * Unfeatures and regressions
> > >
> > > - cimg filter
> > > 	reason: the current code sucks
> >
> > Bilateral filtering gives similar results, faster and with only one
> > parameter. See http://people.csail.mit.edu/sparis/bf/#code.
>
> So, no problem. Maybe we should remove the cimg plugin from trunk? Or isn't
> the bilateral filter done yet?

Not done yet. But it will be probably easier to do than to try to port Cimg to
the API change :/ The cimg plugin manipulates the source paint device which
is illegal now.

> > And not ported yet because I don't if I will make it a
> > KoLcmsColorspace or a KoIncompleteColorSpace. YCbCr is supported by LCMS
> > but there is no free profile, so the solution would be to be able to
> > generate a default profile from the conversion table, but I am not sure
> > to know how to do that or if I will have the time to find out for 2.0, in
> > which case in less than 20 minutes I will create a KoIncompleteColorSpace
> > version ;)
>
> Should we ask around on openicc about the possibility of getting/creating a
> free profile?
Could be a good idea.

> > (Note that LMS

pff the wonder of doing two things at the same time :/ : (Note that LMS is in
the same situation)

> > And I add:
> >
> > - Bracketing to HDR
> > - status: in progress
> > - needed: some widget to plot data :/
>
> Isn't the widget imported in kdelibs yet? I thought that that was decided.
There is a licence issue :( It's currently GPL and needs to be relicence to
LGPL, most contributors are still reachable thought, I don't know the status
yet.

--
Cyrille Berger