Krita status and release goals

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Mar 19 08:44:42 CET 2007

On Sunday 18 March 2007, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> > - libpsd (photoshop import)
> > 	who: Cyrille Berger
> > 	status: unknown
>
> status: postponed until at least 2.1, I think it will be changed to a
> psd2odr project.

I had hoped someone would pick it up for a gsoc idea, but no luck. In any
case, 2.1 is fine. It'd be nice to be able to use Margulis' example files to
test krita's lab handing with, but there are ways around that.

> > * Unfeatures and regressions
> >
> > - cimg filter
> > 	reason: the current code sucks
>
> Bilateral filtering gives similar results, faster and with only one
> parameter. See http://people.csail.mit.edu/sparis/bf/#code.

So, no problem. Maybe we should remove the cimg plugin from trunk? Or isn't
the bilateral filter done yet?

> > - ycbcr colorspaces
> > 	reason: not ported yet (belongs to pigment, really)
>
> euh why in pigment?

Doesn't it? Fine with me.

> And not ported yet because I don't if I will make it a
> KoLcmsColorspace or a KoIncompleteColorSpace. YCbCr is supported by LCMS
> but there is no free profile, so the solution would be to be able to
> generate a default profile from the conversion table, but I am not sure to
> know how to do that or if I will have the time to find out for 2.0, in
> which case in less than 20 minutes I will create a KoIncompleteColorSpace
> version ;)

Should we ask around on openicc about the possibility of getting/creating a
free profile?

?

> > - not all of 1.6.3 has been forward ported yet!
>
> True, I will try to make a list of those changes during this week.

Great!

> And I add:
>
> - Bracketing to HDR
> - status: in progress
> - needed: some widget to plot data :/

Isn't the widget imported in kdelibs yet? I thought that that was decided.