Fixed crashing bug, final check before submit

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Mar 3 20:59:11 CET 2007

On Friday 02 March 2007, Schleimer, Ben wrote:

> I wanted to make the colorspace changable in the properties because it was
> odd (to me) that the user could change the name, compositeOp and opacity
> but not the colorspace or profile.
>
> I understand that it would be more consistant to use the same dialog from
> the "Change Layer Type..." dialog and the properties dialog. I can only
> think that splitting WdgLayerProperties into WdgNewLayerProperties and
> WdgLayerProperties and when the user wants to modify the properties, he
> selects a "Change Colorspace..." button in WdgLayerProperties and a
> DlgColorSpaceConversion appears.
>
> I attached a mockup for your consideration. (god, i love designer...)

Generally speaking, dialogs that popup dialogs are no-good. Having a combobox
in the new layer dialog and only a label (instead of a disabled combobox) in
the layer props box makes most sense; and I'm confident that users will find
the convert layer type entry the menu.

> PS. The dialog for the "convert Image Type..." dialog says "Convert all
> layers from " instead of "Convert final output image type from ". This
> could be fixed too. It's also not clear that the image type means the final
> output image type...

But that's right: if you use "convert image" layers are converted to, and if
you image properties layers are not converted. I guess the menu entry name is
unfortunate: we can fix that for trunk.