Fixed crashing bug, final check before submit

Schleimer, Ben bensch128 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 18:32:44 CET 2007

Hi Casper and Cyrille,

> > I don't like the idea to give the ability to convert the colorspace of a
> > layer for two reasons:
> > 1) that would give two ways of converting layers
> > 2) we have two very similar dialog, image properties and layer properties,
> > and, one of them will convert colorspaces, while the other one won't, I
> > think it will be even more confusing for users.
> I agree. The two dialogs should behave the same

I wanted to make the colorspace changable in the properties because it was odd (to me) that the
user could change the name, compositeOp and opacity but not the colorspace or profile.

I understand that it would be more consistant to use the same dialog from the
"Change Layer Type..." dialog and the properties dialog. I can only think that splitting
WdgLayerProperties into WdgNewLayerProperties and WdgLayerProperties and when the user wants to
modify the properties, he selects a "Change Colorspace..." button in WdgLayerProperties and a
DlgColorSpaceConversion appears.

I attached a mockup for your consideration. (god, i love designer...)

Cheers
Ben

PS. The dialog for the "convert Image Type..." dialog says "Convert all layers from " instead of
"Convert final output image type from ". This could be fixed too. It's also not clear that the
image type means the final output image type...