Smaller widgets in the palettes

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Jun 29 09:14:01 CEST 2007

On Thursday 28 June 2007, Petr Vanek wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I've read some stuff about Qt graphics apps huge space wasting in the large
> palettes. Ok, let's look w.g. on adobe gui - they are using some small
> widgets for their all-time-opened non-modal dialogs.
>
> Qt4 offers something simillar easy to implement. Look at this example:
> http://zope.yarpen.cz/tmp/qt4-adobelike-widgets.tar.gz
> (qmake -project; qmake; make)
>
> Difference is clear. Integration into Qt Designer is easy. Only one cons
> goes into my mind - what it could do with various OS/font settings/etc.
>
> OK, it's just an idea... but any oppinions, thoughts etc?

Interesting -- I hadn't played with stylesheets for Qt widgets yet. KDE 4 will
have a smallestReadableFont setting which we can plug in here -- the big
issue is, what will removing the margins and padding do to the various
styles? I couldn't find out whether it was possible to force a certain QStyle
of KStyle on a widget using a stylesheet, but that could help, too.