Vector/Shape Selection

Sven Langkamp sven.langkamp at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 20:59:13 CEST 2007

On 6/13/07, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 June 2007, Sven Langkamp wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, not exactly: what I think is confusing is the interaction between
> > > shape
> > > layers and shape selections -- I'm not sure we've got that properly
> > > working. But it's worth it to experiment with. Also, code-wise we've got
> > > our third KoCanvasBase implementation now, if I am seeing it correctly.
> > > Not sure whether that's a big problem, but it is a bit complicated.
> >
> > In fact the canvas implementation is completly empty. The canvas is
> > only needed because KoShapeManager needs it. I also had to make
> > KisPaintDevice::image public again as I needed the image for the view
> > converter.
>
> Ah, er... Could you put an "XXX: boud look at this" next to that? There must
> be a better way, but I don't have the time to look at it until next week.

There is a better way. I followed Thomas advise and made the shape
selection a KoShapeContainer so no shape manager and no canvas is
needed anymore.

At the moment I have two issues where the shape selection doesn't fit
into the current system: The container and selection shapes need to be
added to the shape controller, but the paintdevice doesn't have acess
to that.
The second problem is that the selection doesn't know about the image,
but the shape selection needs it for the rasterization with kispainter
and resolution.