Krita use in VFX

Moritz Moeller mnm at dneg.com
Tue Jun 12 19:47:20 CEST 2007

Bart Coppens wrote:

> Are those kinds of displays even supported by the 'regular' X servers? And if
> so, or even if it's only on win32, can this be used by Qt? Or is this
> something for an OpenGL display :)

No idea. http://www.dolby.com/promo/hdr/technology.html

I'd reckon nVidia/ATI would support this shit in their drivers soon
because there are enough games that already use HDR internally with tone
mapping to LDR...

My estimate is a year before I'll see some of those popping up in VFX
places for on-site client reviews and colour checks before film-out...

But I was really joking as far as Krita is concerned. As I said, a raw
mode is useful as sometimes one just wants to see the data as-is -- as
much as possible. :)

,mm