Krita use in VFX

Moritz Moeller mnm at dneg.com
Tue Jun 12 19:39:12 CEST 2007

Cyrille,

>> Image display:
>>    * Raw (unaltered, clamped to target display's capability --
>>        there are HDR monitors btw! :) )
> It's unrealistic to really say we support HDR monitors without access to
> one :)

yeah, I was joking. But raw should always be available. It should also
be particularly easy to implement. :)

> I failed to see how with a color slider of 0..1 you can select negative and
> out of range values ?

You can enter them. Then the slider expands. This is how it works in
most high-end VFX apps. Usually there's a setting in the preferences if
someone wants the slider to remap if value outside of the original
slider range are entered of if one wants it to stay as is. In any case,
the value is displayed and accepted into the input field in both cases. E.g:

0..1 -> Enter -3 -> -3 .. 1 -> Enter 4 -> -3 ... 4

If the slider range has been set to 'fixed' in the prefs, you can still
enter the value and it will be displayed in the field. However, the
associated slider will be kept to be from 0..1, i.e. touching the slider
will snap the value back to the closest in 0..1.

Btw.: The best thing to enter values with a slider, usability-wise, are
  imho Houdini's value grids.

> The problem with that kind of tags is that without examples files I fear to do
> something more wrong than ignoring them.

I'll get you examples, don't worry. :)

.mm