Krita use in VFX

Moritz Moeller mnm at dneg.com
Tue Jun 12 12:08:47 CEST 2007

Bart Coppens wrote:
>> I'm fairly certain there is. I'm not across OpenEXR very much, it's one
>> of the most troublesome libs we use in this industry. :)
>> But I ask the guys that work on those aspects of our pipeline.
> Ah, I didn't know OpenEXR was a troublesome lib :-( I had a quick look at our
> OpenEXR importer, and it indeed just performs the most basic code for loading
> provided by the library. So any pointers you might send us, could improve it.

It's mainly troublesome because its ABI uses to change quite frequently
afaik. Now in the world of VFX, many apps are commercial, i.e. available
as binaries only. If you now have app A linking against version X of
OpenEXR and app B linking against Y, you need to make sure each app only
sees the resp. version.
Plus I personally think the lib itself has heaps of, well, doubtable
code in it. But then I'm a TD I write doubtable code every day to make
deadlines... I can't bitch really. :)

.mm