Krita use in VFX

Adrian Page adrian at pagenet.plus.com
Mon Jun 11 22:00:26 CEST 2007

Moritz Moeller wrote:
> The next good thing is OpenEXR support. However, Krita strips comments
> embedded into EXR file when saving them again. Thereby breaking most
> high-end VFX pipelines that depend on such metadata to be available
> throughout the process to identify where an image came from, who worked
> on it and what its purpose was and whatnot.

The existing OpenEXR filter is very basic, about as minimal as you can
get, but I'm currently in the process of rewriting it to support as many
of its features as we can. That will include retaining comments and any
other attributes defined in the image. It will also support colour
management - only low dynamic range image formats were colour managed in
krita 1.x.

Adrian