Help request: Editing Masks

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Sat Jul 28 14:11:20 CEST 2007

On Saturday 28 July 2007 10:56, Dik Takken wrote:
> Now I want to manually fine-tune the mask to cover all detailed areas I
> want to perform unsharp masking on. So, I toggle the 'Edit Mask' flag and
> grab the freehand drawing tool.
Ok, here Edit Mask is automatically enabled, but that's a minor point.

> * When painting black, I can erase the white masked areas, revealing the
> image from the bottom mask. Seems reasonable.
Here this does that too.

> * When paiting white, I get black areas on the image, just like I am
> paiting on the layer in stead of the mask. I don't understand this one. I
> was expecting to add to the white areas of the existing mask....
Sorry, but I cannot reproduce this. If I paint with white, the bottom layer is
part is hidden, and the top layer is shown. This is very weird :-/

Do note that there's Layer -> Mask -> Show mask. Enabling this option will
show the actual value of the entire mask in black & white. *Then* you should
see black when you paint black on the mask, etc. Otherwise, this should not
happen :-/ Do you happen to have a .kra Krita file for this? (Not that it'd
get fixed in 1.6 if it's a bug, since no .4, but it might be good to check
for this when we finalize the masks in 2.0)

Bart