API problems with krita

Schleimer, Ben bensch128 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 23:13:47 CET 2007

Hey Boud,

> I'm not sure how other raster image applications
> handle this stuff: I could
> image we could create a "KisChannel" paint device
> that returns iterators that
> only give back one channel. I should look at how the
> Gimp implements its
> channels, or ask pippin for good literature. Let's
> do that right away
> anyway :-)

Um, I like it. Maybe have the ChannelIterator have
toUInt8, toUInt16, and toFloat accessors.

I did a brief google search and found these:
http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-concepts-basic.html
http://gug.sunsite.dk/docs/Grokking-the-GIMP-v1.0/node43.html

> On a similar topic: we're working in Krita 2.0 to
> make it possible to
> composite one channel or a subset of the channels of
> a paint device and to
> run filters on one channel or a subset of channels
> (that is already partially
> possible, with the color adj. filters, but I want to
> make that generically
> possible, so you could do a sharpen on just the L
> channel of an lab image,
> say).

GIMP seems to have channel masks too.

 Cheers,
Ben

"He who writes the code gets to choose his license, and nobody else gets to complain" - Linus Torvalds
IMHO, it should read - "He who writes the code gets to choose his license, and everybody else complains."