Whishlist

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Feb 28 08:17:38 CET 2007

On Tuesday 27 February 2007, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> Well it's a usuability issue :(
>
> On Tuesday 27 February 2007, Schleimer, Ben wrote:
> > Hi Cyrille,
> >    I'm using krita 1.6.3pre from SVN. In
> > krita/plugins/filters/colorsfilters/kis_perchannel_filter.cc line 326,
> > it's always reporting the RGB colorspace even though I switched it in
> > Image->Image Properties->Mode: to L*a*b. In the status bar, it displays
> > "L*a*b". however, in the plugin, its reporting 8bit RGB, the colorspace
> > from before.
>
> In fact, changing the colorspace of the image in the properties only
> affects the colorspace of the projection (the final composited image), and
> not the colorspace of the layers. I don't remember if we had decided
> something about this for krita2 (like not allowing to change the colorspace
> of the image in the properties, and have a checkbox in "convert image to a
> given colorspace" to also convert the layers).

We hadn't come to a decision. It's pretty hard, since this is a place where
Krita is really unique. No other image app can, as far as I know, mix layers
with different colorspaces in one image.

I think that maybe renaming the combobox to "projection colorspace" would
already suffice, but maybe I'm too optimistic.