Thoughts on recording and collaborative editing in Krita

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Feb 19 09:32:13 CET 2007

On Sunday 18 February 2007, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > Hm, I'm thinking that instead of adding high-level data to kiscommand it
> > maybe would be better to have a separate class to store action data & use
> > that if recording is enabled.
>
> Yes it does make sense as it's not exactly the same thing, the main
> advantage of it would have been that it would have way to force us to be
> sure that everything, which is undoable, is recorded correctly ;) and the
> undo mechansim is probably more tested than the recording system will ever
> be.

But very easy to write tests for :-). And there are ways of making sure that
recording works everywhere, for instance by making all actions go through a
threadAction based action processor that optionally records, executes and
saves the undo information. The problem here is the interactive tools. I'm
not sure freehand painting needs to be recordable, though. Is it in
Photoshop?

Wasn't Sebastian Sauer working n a recording library for KOffice some time
again, btw?