KOffice status survey

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Tue Dec 4 17:45:43 CET 2007

On Tuesday 04 December 2007, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
OpenRaster seems to work, but as the spec isn't finished (nor defines any file
format yet), I am not even sure that we shouldn't disable it in 2.0.

> * filters: the on-screen preview stopped working, for the rest, thanks to
> Cyrille's fix yesterday, filters should work, though the dialog still needs
> gui work. When that's done, it's going to be easy to add filters to the
> krita image shape.
>
> * the image size/resolution dialog needs polish
>
> * the krita part of the toolbox needs organizing again
>
> * need to make the chinese brush draw anti-aliased lines & fix up the
> paintop gui.

To the list I add :
* tone mapping add live preview and finish the dialog
* dynamic paint op : finish the basic coloring program and use of KisBrush
* serialization : configuration of paint op, ressources
* metadata : XMP support (requires exiv2 0.16 which is expected for this
month)

> There will be some regressions in 2.0 vis-a-vis 1.6:
>
> * probably no RAW filter
> * no brush-shaped outline cursor
> * no tablet configuration
Is there a need for that ^^ ? Wasn't it remove because now it just "work".

* no perspective grid (and so no perspective clone) and no perspective
transform tools
* no  some filters (like cimg and some other, that didn't follow 1.6 filter
philosophie, and now that it is law they can't build, and can't be easily
modified)

--
Cyrille Berger