paintbrush bristles configuration

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Mon Apr 16 08:43:13 CEST 2007

> The current paintop configuration code in krita 1.6 is rather limited.
> KisPainter should NOT be used as a data structure for the duplicate
> properties!
the duplicate tool should not exist. so your solution doesn't solve this. That
kispainter is use as a data structure for the duplicate properties is more
due to that I didn't understand how paintop are supposed to expose their
configuration.

> As for showing to the user, what about sliders and radio buttons for now?
> It's ugly but is easier to autogenerate from arbitrary property settings...

Usuability people strongly advice against autogenrate configuration widget
from property strings. That's why paintop and filters return wigets.

> PS. This is my reaction to the configuration code for 1.6's paintops. I
> hope the situation is better in 2.0 :)
if it's in reaction on how I did add the heal/perspective option to the
duplicate op, then it should be a reaction on my misunderstanding of the
paintop configuration ;) But, currently, the configuration widget for paintop
has limited place as it is inserted in the toolbar.

My problem is more about consitency, the dab options are configured in some
place, while bristles will be configured somewhere else.

--
Cyrille Berger