Fwd: [Scribus] Converting graphics to CMYK with free software tools

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Sep 22 14:31:15 CEST 2006

On Friday 22 September 2006 13:56, Petr Vaněk wrote:
> hi all
>
> just for you information there is FW message from Scribus mailing list

Thanks!

> * Krita: I used "CMYK 8 bit integer channel" and "perceptual", but when
> I try to open the same file with Krita again it gives me a "could not
> open (...) Reason: parsing error". I think they really are broken
> because they don't show up in Konqueror and not in Scribus.

I've just tried this with Krita and I can save cmyk images in jpeg and tiff
and load them again. I'll contact Axel and try to find out which version of
Krita he used.

> * Cinepaint: I was not able to install it on my computer due to
> dependency problems (using Kubuntu dapper amd64).
>

> BTW: I tried to open the Gimp-file (.xcf) in krita, but the result was
> really bad, so I had to convert it first.

Yes, we use the same converter as ImageMagick, and doesn't support all of xcf.
We've currently no plans to write our own converter, instead we're trying to
get an universion, open interchange format for raster graphics done.