Filter/effect icon

Sander Koning sanderkoning at kde.nl
Tue Sep 19 12:06:46 CEST 2006

Torsten Rahn wrote on 2006-09-19 09:44 +0200 regarding Re: Filter/effect icon:
> Looking at all the options above I vote for g and think that f would fit well,
> too. Both are will most likely not be mixed up with something else.
> The others have an excellent finish but could easily mixed up with different
> tools.

Side track:

Hmm, it's always good to hear other views - different people have different
ideas about metaphors!

I, for example, don't associate 'f' with filters at all: the
"hat->magician->magic->effects->filter" chain doesn't work for me. And while you
relate 'a' to RGB composition, it's the most clear one to me, probably because I
know the idea behind the old red icon and have worked with camera lens filters
in the past.

Finding the optimal icon based on connotations is an enormous task - there's
always someone who has other ideas.

Cheers,

--
Sander Koning  (askie)   |   sanderkoning - at - kde -.- nl
KDE Nederland            |   http://www.kde.nl/