Filter/effect icon

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Tue Sep 19 09:44:55 CEST 2006

On Tuesday, 19. September 2006 03:30, Ronan Zeegers wrote:
> I made others icons for the difficult filter/effect tool:
> http://www.ronanzeegers.com/krita-ui/Filter-Effect-Icons.png
>
> Can you tell me which one do you like most?
> And I'm ready to listen to others propositions...

In terms of quality all of them are awesome.
In terms of metaphor:

a - looks like it were related to RGB composition (because it looks like
adding up color spots)
b - looks like a spounge tool
c - looks as if were related to water color (because of the wave)
d - ???
e - looks like a spounge tool
f - looks like magic and therefore quite related to filters (great icon btw)
g - Yes, that's clearly about effects (not the greatest in terms of
don't-write-text-on-icons-policy, but very clear in terms of meaning)
i - looks like a spounge tool

Looking at all the options above I vote for g and think that f would fit well,
too. Both are will most likely not be mixed up with something else.
The others have an excellent finish but could easily mixed up with different
tools.

Torsten