new icones

Torsten Rahn (KDE) rahn at kde.org
Fri Sep 15 14:10:37 CEST 2006

I just talked to Sander on IRC and the solution we came up is this:

We really would like to see better icons in KOffice 1.6 as they are important
in terms of user acceptance.

I'd suggest the following:

- We need a full set of toolbar icons. Right now I think we don't have more
than a screenshot of the icons. Send them to Sander or to me and we'll do our
best.

- We need them no later than Monday

- To make sure that people who update don't get confused it's important that
the new icons use the same metaphors as the old ones. If this is the case also
having screenshots in the docs which still show the old icons wouldn't
irritate users ( especially given that most icons show abstract stuff like
lines, etc. )

Updating the EN and NL docs isn't much of an issue as Sander does that
himself, however we've got to talk to the translators of the other languages
involved about how hard it would be for them to update. If that doesn't turn
out to be a problem it shouldn't be too hard to convince Cyrille that we need
those icons updated ;-)

Torsten Rahn